The Small Things| Converse All Stars

No they aren't high tops, or a obnoxiously bright red shade, nor are they new and clean. But then again converse look weird clean.


 My pair of Converse All Stars, are my first pair, and I bought them last summer with a 20% student discount in a size bigger than my feet. I will never regret this, I wore day in day out for a good 2 months, they took me across Paris in August and the cobbled streets of  Bath in November and December. Over worn and tired they remain to this day my favourite pair of shoes in wardrobe; not because they are comfy (well okay that too), but because I could wear these with my prom dress and it would be okay for me to go to college like that.

Slip on, slip off. Over and over. 

I have stretched the laces too much and now when I tie them up they are too long and drag along the tarmac pavements, and in the dirt tracks that I walk down. Most fashion blogs that I read and the people behind them would never get, 'sentimantal' for lack of a better word, about a pair of converse trainers, Jimmy Choo's maybe but not me. I will happily wear converse in a weird grey colour for the rest of my days, even though there will be days were the brogues have more appeal, these will 'always' be my favourite pair of shoes. (Don't quote me on that)

XO, Miriam

Related Articles

6 comments:

  1. love the layout of your blog!



    /
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com
    greetings from hong kong
    peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My best friend LIVES in her converse. They are always disgustingly dirty, but I kind of feel sentimental towards them. Every time I see them, it just makes me laugh! They always look so cool. Sometimes I wish I had the confidence to wear flats!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is weird how with any other pair of shoes it would be horrible for them to be dirty, but with Converse it is just so right! You should wear them, slip them on and off all summer, when it isn't sunny enough for flip-flops!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  3. I used to have like 10 pairs... and now I dont own even one :( And yet I still love them!
    A.
    xx
    letterstoa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That is quite a big change, you need them back in your life ASAP, Vans just don't wuite cut it.
      XO, Miriam

      Delete