Sweet Lips.

 Sundays as I have said before have to be one of my favourtie days, but yesterday was just wonderful because for the first time in what seems like forever the sun broke through the clouds and Britain saw warmth and spontaneous trips to the beach! As for me I relaxed, watched the rugby, which was disappointing (Welsh Supporter), then headed off to see The Book Thief.

 I adored Markus Zuzak's The Book Thief, I reviewed it here, but the film did not quite live to my expectations, some of the best moments for me in the book were not included and small details were not included! However I applaud the casting for Max and damn he was looking fine for a Jew who was on the run in Nazi Germany!
 I bought these sunnies out of necessity a few years ago when I realised I had left mine at home and my eyes were not ready for the bright sun of Portugal in June, oooppps. On the other hand I love the bright orange, and I cannot wait to wear them more often this summer with two holidays lined up for June!


Now on to the outfit! I have been meaning to take photos of this for a while, but due to a lack of time and sun it hasn't happened, none the less it is here and who knew a prom dress could look so casual. Underneath my recent purchase of this adorable lip patterened jumper from Primark is my year 11 prom dress! I paired it with thigh high socks and black Chelsea boots to contrast the white and cream shades in the jumper and the dress. I suppose you could say that I am stuck in quite a preppy fashion rut, but when you consider that I wear jeans and band tees almost everyday at college, I think it makes up for it. I also blame having to wear a shirt and tie for my entire school career from the age of 5 to 16! So naturally I have taken to dressing smartly using Blair Waldorf (Gossip Girl) and Spencer Hastings (Pretty Little Liars) for inspiration, not only do they dress well, they work hard and play hard too.

XO, Miriam

P.S. What do you think of the outfit?

Related Articles

20 comments:

  1. LOVE your jumper. Absolutely lovely!

    xxx | daisydaisyxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute outfit! I love the clashing prints and that jumper is gorgeous :) xx

    whimsicalmrsw.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really enjoy experimenting with prints as well as colours, I hope you got some inspiration from it, I know I rarely impulse buy, but I could resist!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  3. You would never know that that's a prom dress, it looks perfect under your jumper! I love the lip print!

    www.elizabethlola.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that is good, I was worried that it would look like it was my prom dress! The print is so cute, I can't believe I found it in Primark!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  4. Lovely look! The dress looks fab. I've read The book thief, but I don't want to watch the film. Too sad for me.

    Jasmine xx
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Watch the film, as I said no where near as good at the book, but they cast Rudy and Max really well! And the did the ending perfectly, with the kiss and everything..
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos. Love the gate as a background!

    Katie <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is only the second or third time I have taken photos in my front garden, but I love the lighting it gets, the gate is brilliant especially when it has ivy over the top!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  6. cute print on the jumper! I know what you mean, I was stuck in uniform from age 4 to almost 19, nightmare!

    tie-dye-eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Uniform had good and bad points, and works as a great fancy dress ensemble!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  7. Great outfit - the dress is perfect with the jumper (and also looked very nice at prom too!). Thanks for your comment on my post - haha, we were such cool kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! It seems so long ago now, it hasn't even been two years.... No problem we so were!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  8. Looking very cute and that jumper is ever so quirky! Have a fabulous weekend!
    May x
    www.walkinginmay.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! I hope you had a great weekend too May, I do love this jumper I fear I might over-wear it...
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  9. Such a cute print on the jumper and it looks very cute with the belt and the dress combined! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I cannot get enough of the print, and well I love red lipstick as an accessory by itself to to have it on a jumper was just ideal, the same thing minus the maintenance of a red lip ;)
      XO, Miriam

      Delete
  10. I haven't read the book but I loved the film The Book Thief! Your jumper is so sweet. :)

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read the book, sharpish! It is one of my all time favourite books, and it is a great way to spend an afternoon or two!
      XO, Miriam

      Delete