Molten Chocolate Cupcakes.


Baking for me at least is therapeutic, it helps me to calm down and stop worrying about life. If I am stressed I will bake bread as the kneading will release the stress. When I am worried or feeling down I will bake cookies or cakes as they are comfort food. The process of baking is a patient one and one that I will enjoy for years to come.


Ingredients:
55g of softened butter
55g of caster sugar
1 large egg
85g of self raising flour
1tbsp of cocoa powder
8 squares of plain chocolate

How to make them:
  1. Preheat the oven to 190°C, and put 8 paper cases into a tray.
  2. Beat the butter and sugar together, then beat in the egg with a tablespoon of flour to prevent curdling. 
  3. Mix in the rest of the flour and the cocoa powder until the mixture is smooth.
  4. Spoon half the mixture into the paper cases and put in a square of chocolate. Then put the rest of the mixture on top.
  5. Bake for 20minutes and leave to cool.
  6. I personally added chocolate butter-cream and raspberries but they taste just as good with icing sugar sprinkled on top and eaten warm.


XO, Miriam

Related Articles

2 comments: