The Book Club| A Game of Thrones


So back in August I began "the long journey" as the guy behind the Waterstones counter called it, in to the A Song of Ice and Fire series. Hvaing watched the first 6 episodes of Game of Thrones television series I decided I wanted to read the books first then compare the storylines by binge watching the televised version afterwards. At some points in the books I rejoiced that each chapter is about a different character, but sometimes I would have to wait several chapters to go back to a storyline I really wanted to know more about. But my frustration came not from the style of writing but from the connection to the characters and the deep immersion in to Westeros that George R.R. Martin creates.


I personally view myself as either Sansa Stark or Daenerys Targaryen. I mean who doesn't want to have the blood of the dragon, and to think Martin almost didn't include dragons in the novels! Shock horror I know... If the small-folk of Westeros don't enjoy the Game of Thrones played by those above them, I certainly do.

I am pressing rose petals in my copy now, what I juxtaposition to the story.
I listened to Troye Sivan and Lorde while reading this book, so as with all my books if a song comes on then I will start thing about the book. If you liked Lord of the Rings book then you will love this, and as with all good books there is a set of maps in the front of each of the books.

XO, Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment