The Book Club| A Clash of Kings

Having thoroughly enjoyed A Game of Thrones (reviewed here) I went on to read the rest of the series and now anticipate the forthcoming books. However due to university commitments and generally being an English major I found it quite hard to review books while wirting essays about Shakespeare and war poets. So here they all are for the next few weeks. Starting with A Clash of Kings.

The book starts with Westeros in civil war, in Kings Landing there is boy King Joff, in the North Robb Stark has been named King of the North and is battling Jaimie and Tywin Lannitster, all while Stannis and Renly Baratheon argue about who has the stronger claim to the iron throne. And by the end of the book you guessed it more people have died in battle, others have been assumed dead by other characters and even more are being used as pieces in by the players in the game of thrones.

Did I mention that Daenerys has dragons, well as J kindly pointed out Wyvens in the accompanying television series. Dragons are dragons, so does it really matter? I honestly cannot review this book fully without giving away key plot points and spoilers to those who haven't read it yet, but as always George R.R. Martin has captured my imagination and emotions as I immersed myself into the world of A Song of Ice and Fire.

If you like The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings or the Game of Thrones TV series get reading, the detail is incredible and I cannot get enough of these books. 

XO, Miriam

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment