The Book Club| The Edge Chronicles: Into the Deepwoods


I was recommended this book by J, he read 'The Edge Chronicles' when he was younger and as he spoke about the books in the same way I talk about Harry Potter I gave the first book in the Twig trilogy a try (the chronicles are set out in trilogies about certain characters). The book was an easy read but that is probably due it being a children's book, but it was the illustrations that got me into it. Each of the creatures was brought to life in my mind through the drawings and the descriptions of the characters that are perfectly woven together. My favourite creature that Twig encounters in this book was the Banderbear which by looks and description sounds horrifying but is actually one of the least selfish and most harmless characters in the story. As it turns out some of the cutest animals are the more dangerous and brutal but you will have to read the book to find out who they are.

XO, Miriam

P.S. This was a short one I know but the book was almost as short.




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment